Life, work, play, fun with it

All characters are not true if this somehow match you consider yourself lucky.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Nokia E-series E71

14th September 2008 (Sunday) – Decide to grab E-series handphone to replace my pretty old handphone Sonny erricsson Z550i, which has been with me for more than 2 years and still going very healthy. This phone normally use to keep my local line activate when I am aboard. Reason of replacing it due to the need of GPS functionally (just to sure that I am not lost) and also looking for a phone with keyboard for the ease of input short note.
After all, I do much research through the net and look for something that interesting, end up leaving only HTC diamond or Tync II, Samsung i900 and iPhone, Nokia communicator or E71.
First thing first, HTC diamond has the highest build in RAM and ROM but it does not has builded in keyboard. HTC Tync II, overall is a very well build phone with everything build in it and even touch screen was part of it but weight and overall dimension was at the downside. I do not want to put a brick like handphone in my pocket but still the overall function surpass what in my list. Samsung i900, design by Korean. In my opinion, this is something like apple iphone ‘wannabe’ type and the phone operate with window mobile 6.1. Operating system was build by Microsoft, which is very comprehensive and there are a lot of third party application, which allow you make your phone become ‘Superphone’ (and the user I assume is Superman…hahaha). It also build with 8GB or 16 GB build in memory, there are also expendable slot to support up 16GB external memory. Again, I am looking a phone with keyboard. Apple iphone, design by apple. I red a review from other site about this phone is just a matter of expensive ipod with phone function even with 3G & GPS. It just feel too plastic-ky for this phone and not so solid feel about it but not denying that the application was well build and impressive. Nokia communicator, another brick liked phone. It is so obscene when you slot in your pocket and when people look at it. On contrary, this phone does build with keyboard and having a bigger screen in it class but just too bulky; this should not consider as a phone.
Then end up I grab Nokia E71. It does not have torch screen or operate by WM6.1. It is just like a normal phone that with keyboard attached and 110MB build in memory but the package that come with it impress me very much. In the package it included 2GB micro SD, pouch, wrist strap, stereo headset, battery and charger, USB cable.
After I install nokia PC suite to synchronise my outlook and all contacts just within a few second! Mechanically, the phone was build with stainless steel for the front and back cover. Keypad was as usual a QWERTY keyboard. The phone operate with 1500 mah battery and Symbian S60 that could keep pretty long time for people on the go. Picture quality taken from build in camera was far behind expectation (as I has red some review stated camera was awful) and nothing to shout about. Indeed, the picture do look gain-ny for both indoor and outdoor.
















Below is some of the picture taken by using E71.
Indoor















Outdoor















Marco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home